[announce] diffoscope 145 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Sat May 23 08:55:55 UTC 2020
The diffoscope maintainers are please to announce the release of
version 145 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 145 includes the following changes:
[ Chris Lamb ]
- Add support for Apple Xcode mobile provisioning .mobilepovision files.
- Add support for printing the signatures via apksigner(1).
- Use SHA256 over MD5 when generating page names for the HTML directory
presenter, validate checksums for files referenced in .changes files
using SHA256 too, and move to using SHA256 in "Too much input for diff"
output too. (Closes: reproducible-builds/diffoscope#124)
- Don't leak the full path of the temporary directory in "Command [..]
exited with 1". (Closes: reproducible-builds/diffoscope#126)
- Identify "iOS App Zip archive data" files as .zip files.
* Bug fixes:
- Correct "differences" typo in the ApkFile handler.
* Reporting/output improvements:
- Never emit the same id="foo" TML anchor reference twice, otherwise
identically-named parts will not be able to linked to via "#foo".
- Never emit HTML with empty "id" anchor lements as it is not possible to
link to "#" (vs "#foo"). We use "#top" as a fallback value so it will
work for the top-level parent container.
- Clarify the message when we cannot find the "debian" Python module.
- Clarify "Command [..] failed with exit code" to remove duplicate "exited
with exit" but also to note that diffoscope is intepreting this as an
- Add descriptions for the 'fallback' Debian module file types.
- Rename the --debugger command-line argument to --pdb.
* Testsuite improvements:
- Prevent CI (and runtime) apksigner test failures due to lack of
binfmt_misc on Salsa CI and elsewhere.
* Codebase improvements:
- Initially add a pair of comments to tidy up a slightly abstraction level
violating code in diffoscope.comparators.mising_file and the
.dsc/.buildinfo file handling, but replace this later by by inlining
MissingFile's special handling of deb822 to prevent leaking through
abstraction layers in the first place.
- Use a BuildinfoFile (etc.) regardless of whether the associated files
such as the orig.tar.gz and the .deb are present, but don't treat them as
actual containers. (Re: reproducible-builds/diffoscope#122)
- Rename the "Openssl" command class to "OpenSSLPKCS7" to accommodate other
commands with this prefix.
- Wrap a docstring across multiple lines, drop an inline pprint import and
comment the HTMLPrintContext class, etc.
[ Emanuel Bronshtein ]
* Avoid build-cache in building the released Docker image.
[ Holger Levsen ]
* Wrap long lines in older changelog entries.
Version 145 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
… but source tarballs may be located here:
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
⬋ ⬊ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org 💠
More information about the rb-general