diffoscope 146 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Sat May 30 11:52:20 UTC 2020
The diffoscope maintainers are please to announce the release of
version 146 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 146 includes the following changes:
[ Chris Lamb ]
* Refactor .changes and .buildinfo handling to show all details (including
the GPG header and footer components), even when referenced files are not
present. (Closes: reproducible-builds/diffoscope#122)
* Normalise filesystem stat(2) "birth times" (ie. st_birthtime) in the same
way we do with stat(1)'s "Access:" and "Change:" times to fix a
nondetermistic build failure on GNU Guix.
* Drop the (default) subprocess.Popen(shell=False) keyword argument so that
the more unsafe shell=True is more obvious.
* Ignore lower vs. upper-case when ordering our file format descriptions.
* Don't skip string normalisation in Black.
[ Mattia Rizzolo ]
* Add a "py3dist" override for the rpm-python module (Closes: #949598)
* Bump the debhelper compat level to 13 and use the new
execute_after_*/execture_before_* style rules.
* Fix a spelling error in changelog.
[ Daniel Fullmer ]
* Mount GuestFS filesystem images readonly.
[ Jean-Romain Garnier ]
* Prevent an issue where (for example) LibarchiveMember's has_same_content
method is called regardless of the actual type of file.
Version 146 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
… but source tarballs may be located here:
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
⬋ ⬊ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org 💠
More information about the rb-general