diffoscope 189 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Fri Oct 29 08:50:39 UTC 2021
The diffoscope maintainers are pleased to announce the release of
version 189 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human-readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 189 includes the following changes:
[ Chris Lamb ]
* Try some alternative suffixes (eg. ".py") to support distributions that
strip or retain them. (Closes: reproducible-builds/diffoscope#283)
* Skip Python bytecode testing where we do not have an expected diff.
* Refactor the find_executable utility into an explicit method.
* Split out a custom call to assert_diff to support a .startswith equivalent.
* Use skipif instead of manual conditionals in some tests.
[ Vagrant Cascadian ]
* Add an external tool reference for Guix to support ppudump and dumppdf.
[ Sergei Trofimovich ]
* Update uImage test output for file(1) version 5.41.
[ Jelle van der Waa ]
* Add Arch Linux as CI test target.
* Add external tools on Arch Linux for ffmpeg, openssl and ocalobjinfo.
Version 189 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
â¦ but source tarballs may be located here:
The corresponding Docker image may be run via (for example):
$ docker run --rm -t -w $(pwd) -v $(pwd):$(pwd):ro \
registry.salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope a b
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Docker image, eg.
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
â¬ â¬ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org ð
More information about the rb-general