diffoscope 152 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Sat Jul 18 17:14:24 UTC 2020
The diffoscope maintainers are pleased to announce the release of
version 152 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 152 includes the following changes:
[ Chris Lamb ]
* Bug fixes:
- Don't require zipnote(1) to determine differences in a .zip file as we
can use libarchive directly.
- Don't emit "javap not found in path" if it is available in the path but
it did not result in any actual difference.
- Fix "... not available in path" messages when looking for Java
decompilers; we were using the Python class name (eg. "<class
'diffoscope.comparators.java.Javap'>") over the actual command we looked
for (eg. "javap").
* Code improvements:
- Replace some simple usages of str.format with f-strings.
- Tidy inline imports in diffoscope.logging.
- In the RData comparator, always explicitly return a None value in the
failure cases as we return a non-None value in the "success" one.
[ Jean-Romain Garnier ]
* Improve output of side-by-side diffs, detecting added lines better.
* Allow passing file with list of arguments to ArgumentParser (eg.
"diffoscope @args.txt"). (MR: reproducible-builds/diffoscope!62)
Version 152 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
… but source tarballs may be located here:
The corresponding Docker image may be run via (for example):
$ docker run --rm -t -w $(pwd) -v $(pwd):$(pwd):ro \
registry.salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope a b
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Docker image, eg.
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
⬋ ⬊ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org 💠
More information about the rb-general