diffoscope 151 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Fri Jul 10 09:55:52 UTC 2020
The diffoscope maintainers are pleased to announce the release of
version 151 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 151 includes the following changes:
[ Chris Lamb]
* Improvements and bug fixes:
- Pass the absolute path when extracting members from SquashFS images as we
run the command with our working directory set to the temporary
directory. (Closes: #964365, reproducible-builds/diffoscope#189)
- Increase the minimum length of the output from strings(1) to 8 characters
to avoid unnecessary diff noise. (Re. reproducible-builds/diffoscope#148)
* Logging improvements:
- Fix the compare_files message when the file does not have a literal name.
- Reduce potential log noise by truncating the has_some_content messages.
* Codebase changes:
- Clarify use of a "null" diff in order to remember an exit code.
- Don't alias a variable when don't end up it; use "_" instead.
- Use a "NullChanges" file to represent missing data in the Debian package
- Update some miscellaneous terms.
Version 151 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
â¦ but source tarballs may be located here:
The corresponding Docker image may be run via (for example):
$ docker run --rm -t -w $(pwd) -v $(pwd):$(pwd):ro \
registry.salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope a b
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Docker image, eg.
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
â¬ â¬ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org ð
More information about the rb-general