[diffoscope] diffoscope 202 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Fri Jan 28 16:22:18 UTC 2022
The diffoscope maintainers are pleased to announce the release of
version 202 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human-readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 202 includes the following changes:
[ Chris Lamb ]
* Don't fail if comparing a nonexistent file with a .pyc file (and add test).
* Drop a reference in the manual page which claims the ability to compare
non-existent files on the command-line. This has not been possible since
version 32 which was released in September 2015. (Closes: #1004182)
* Add experimental support for incremental output support with a timeout.
Passing, for example, --timeout=60 will mean that diffoscope will not
recurse into any sub-archives after 60 seconds total execution time has
elapsed and mark the diff as being incomplete. (Note that this is not a
fixed/strict timeout due to implementation issues.)
* Don't return with an exit code of 0 if we encounter device file such as
/dev/stdin with human-readable metadata that matches literal, non-device,
file contents. (Closes: #1004198)
* Correct a "recompile" typo.
[ Sergei Trofimovich ]
* Fix/update whitespace for Black 21.12.
Version 202 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
â¦ but source tarballs may be located here:
The corresponding Docker image may be run via (for example):
$ docker run --rm -t -w $(pwd) -v $(pwd):$(pwd):ro \
registry.salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope a b
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Docker image, eg.
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
â¬ â¬ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org ð
More information about the diffoscope