Sixth status update about reproducible live-build ISO images in Jenkins
rclobus at rclobus.nl
Mon Jan 24 15:26:32 UTC 2022
here is the sixth update of the status for reproducible live-build ISO
New and changed:
* Perl sorting issues in dictionaries-common  have entered bookworm.
* libxmlb used a pointer address (%p) for a hash value. Upstream  has
been fixed, it is not released yet to sid.
* texlive-base: Reported differences in the generated ls-R , patch is
* texlive-base: More sources for non-reproducibility are noted in the
Wiki page .
* Wiki page updates :
** Added information about the required size and requirements for the
** Restructured the page to place the configuration section more
* For local image building, I've switched to uncompressed HDD images.
This saves a lot of time, because the squashfs compression is skipped.
** Several bugfixes related to HDD image building for live-build have
landed in the git repo .
* Migrated the reproducible hook script from the Wiki page and the copy
in Jenkins to the live-build repo 
* OpenQA: No progress yet
* Recording the configuration used by live-build
** Next step: test some scenarios and write a proposal
** No progress yet
* Reprotest might be used instead of just 2 builds without a short time
frame, to capture more variations
* Use disorderfs
* Long term: When live-build images are working fine, the work could be
extended to other images, e.g. the live-wrapper images, the netinst
images or perhaps even Docker images
* When it is ready, switch to snapshot.reproducible-builds.org?
With kind regards,
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the rb-general