diffoscope 184 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Fri Sep 17 08:14:02 UTC 2021
The diffoscope maintainers are pleased to announce the release of
version 184 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human-readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 184 includes the following changes:
[ Chris Lamb ]
* Fix the semantic comparison of R's .rdb files after a refactoring of
temporary directory handling in a previous version.
* Support a newer format version of R's .rds files.
* Update tests for OCaml 4.12. (Closes: reproducible-builds/diffoscope#274)
* Move diffoscope.versions to diffoscope.tests.utils.versions.
* Use assert_diff in tests/comparators/test_rdata.py.
* Reformat various modules with Black.
[ Zbigniew JÄdrzejewski-Szmek ]
* Stop using the deprecated distutils module by adding a version
comparison class based on the RPM version rules.
* Update invocations of llvm-objdump for the latest version of LLVM.
* Adjust a test with one-byte text file for file(1) version 5.40.
* Improve the parsing of the version of OpenSSH.
[ Benjamin Peterson ]
* Add a --diff-context option to control the unified diff context size.
Version 184 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
â¦ but source tarballs may be located here:
The corresponding Docker image may be run via (for example):
$ docker run --rm -t -w $(pwd) -v $(pwd):$(pwd):ro \
registry.salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope a b
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Docker image, eg.
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
â¬ â¬ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org ð
More information about the rb-general