diffoscope 165 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Mon Jan 25 12:46:50 UTC 2021
The diffoscope maintainers are pleased to announce the release of
version 165 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human-readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 165 includes the following changes:
[ Dimitrios Apostolou ]
* Introduce the --no-acl and --no-xattr arguments [later collapsed to
--extended-filesystem-attributes] to improve performance.
* Avoid calling the external stat command.
[ Chris Lamb ]
* Collapse --acl and --xattr into --extended-filesystem-attributes to cover
all of these extended attributes, defaulting the new option to false (ie.
to not check these very expensive external calls).
[ Mattia Rizzolo ]
* Override several lintian warnings regarding prebuilt binaries in the
* Add a pytest.ini file to explicitly use Junit's xunit2 format.
* Ignore the Python DeprecationWarning message regarding the `imp` module
deprecation as it comes from a third-party library.
* debian/rules: filter the content of the d/*.substvars files
Version 165 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
… but source tarballs may be located here:
The corresponding Docker image may be run via (for example):
$ docker run --rm -t -w $(pwd) -v $(pwd):$(pwd):ro \
registry.salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope a b
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Docker image, eg.
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
⬋ ⬊ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org 💠
More information about the rb-general