diffoscope 182 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Fri Aug 27 08:16:45 UTC 2021
The diffoscope maintainers are pleased to announce the release of
version 182 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human-readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 182 includes the following changes:
[ Chris Lamb ]
* Also ignore, for example, spurious "fwGCC: (Debian ... )" lines in output
* Only use "java -jar /path/to/apksigner.jar" if we have a .jar as newer
versions of apksigner use a shell wrapper script which will obviously be
rejected by the JVM. Also mention in the diff if apksigner is missing.
* Pass "-f" to apktool to avoid creating a strangely-named subdirectory and
to simplify code.
* If we specify a suffix for temporary file or directory, ensure it starts
with a "_" to make the generated filenames more human-readable.
* Drop an unused File import.
* Update the minimum version of the Black source code formatter.
[ Santiago Torres Arias ]
* Support parsing the return value of squashfs versions which discriminate
between fatal and non-fatal errors.
Version 182 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
â¦ but source tarballs may be located here:
The corresponding Docker image may be run via (for example):
$ docker run --rm -t -w $(pwd) -v $(pwd):$(pwd):ro \
registry.salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope a b
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Docker image, eg.
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
â¬ â¬ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org ð
More information about the rb-general