diffoscope 181 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Fri Aug 20 09:06:51 UTC 2021
The diffoscope maintainers are pleased to announce the release of
version 181 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human-readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 181 includes the following changes:
* New features and bug fixes:
- Don't require apksigner in order to compare .apk files using apktool.
- Add a special-case to squshfs image extraction to not fail if we aren't
root/superuser. (Closes: #991059)
- Reduce the maximum line length to avoid O(n^2) Wagner-Fischer algorithm,
which meant that diff generation took an inordinate amount of time.
- Include profiling information in --debug output if --profile is not set.
- Don't print an orphan newline when the Black source code formatter
- Update test to check specific contents of squashfs listing, otherwise it
fails depending on the test systems uid-to-username mapping in passwd(5).
- Assign "seen" and "expected" values to local variables to improve
contextual information in/around failed tests.
* Misc changes:
- Print the size of generated HTML, text (etc.) reports.
- Profile calls to specialize and diffoscope.diff.linediff.
- Update various copyright years.
Version 181 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
… but source tarballs may be located here:
The corresponding Docker image may be run via (for example):
$ docker run --rm -t -w $(pwd) -v $(pwd):$(pwd):ro \
registry.salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope a b
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Docker image, eg.
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
⬋ ⬊ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org 💠
More information about the rb-general