diffoscope 162 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Fri Nov 27 10:04:21 UTC 2020
The diffoscope maintainers are pleased to announce the release of
version 162 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human-readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 162 includes the following changes:
[ Chris Lamb ]
* Don't depends on radare2 in the Debian autopkgtests as it will not be in
bullseye due to security considerations (#950372). (Closes: #975313)
* Avoid "Command `s p a c e d o u t` failed" messages when creating an
artificial CalledProcessError instance in our generic from_operation
* Overhaul long and short descriptions.
* Use the operation's full name so that "command failed" messages include
* Add a missing comma in a comment.
[ Jelmer VernooÄ³ ]
* Add missing space to the error message when only one argument is passed to
[ Holger Levsen ]
* Update Standards-Version to 4.5.1.
[ Mattia Rizzolo ]
* Split the diffoscope package into a diffoscope-minimal package that
excludes the larger packages from Recommends. (Closes: #975261)
* Drop support for Python 3.6.
Version 162 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
â¦ but source tarballs may be located here:
The corresponding Docker image may be run via (for example):
$ docker run --rm -t -w $(pwd) -v $(pwd):$(pwd):ro \
registry.salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope a b
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Docker image, eg.
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
â¬ â¬ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org ð
More information about the rb-general