diffoscope 154 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Fri Jul 31 09:42:02 UTC 2020
The diffoscope maintainers are pleased to announce the release of
version 154 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human-readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 154 includes the following changes:
[ Chris Lamb ]
* Add support for F2FS filesystems.
* Allow "--profile" as a synonym for "--profile=-".
* Add an add_comment helper method so don't mess with our _comments list
* Add missing bullet point in a previous changelog entry.
* Use "human-readable" over unhyphenated version.
* Add a bit more debugging around launching guestfs.
* Profile the launch of guestfs filesystems.
* Correct adding a comment when we cannot extract a filesystem due to missing
Version 154 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
â¦ but source tarballs may be located here:
The corresponding Docker image may be run via (for example):
$ docker run --rm -t -w $(pwd) -v $(pwd):$(pwd):ro \
registry.salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope a b
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Docker image, eg.
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
â¬ â¬ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org ð
More information about the rb-general