diffoscope 155 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Fri Aug 7 11:26:22 UTC 2020
The diffoscope maintainers are pleased to announce the release of
version 155 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human-readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 155 includes the following changes:
[ Chris Lamb ]
* Bump Python requirement from 3.6 to 3.7 - most distributions are either
shipping3.5 or 3.7, so supporting 3.6 is not somewhat unnecessary and also
more difficult to test locally.
* Improvements to setup.py:
- Apply the Black source code reformatter.
- Add some URLs for the site of PyPI.org.
- Update "author" and author email.
* Explicitly support Python 3.8.
[ Frazer Clews ]
* Move away from the deprecated logger.warn method logger.warning.
[ Mattia Rizzolo ]
* Document ("classify") on PyPI that this project works with Python 3.8.
Version 155 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
… but source tarballs may be located here:
The corresponding Docker image may be run via (for example):
$ docker run --rm -t -w $(pwd) -v $(pwd):$(pwd):ro \
registry.salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope a b
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Docker image, eg.
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
⬋ ⬊ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org 💠
More information about the rb-general