[diffoscope] diffoscope 240 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Fri Mar 31 12:28:54 UTC 2023
The diffoscope maintainers are pleased to announce the release of
version 240 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human-readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 240 includes the following changes:
[ Holger Levsen ]
* Update Lintian override info format in debian/source/lintian-overrides.
* Add Lintian overrides for some "very long lines" in test cases.
* Update Lintian overrides for tests being tagged source-is-missing or
* Add Lintian override for very long lines for debian/tests/control.
* Re-add two Lintian overrides about (well-known) source-is-missing
[ Mattia Rizzolo ]
* Drop the use of include_package_data=True in setup.py.
Version 240 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
… but source tarballs may be located here:
The corresponding Docker image may be run via (for example):
$ docker run --rm -t -w $(pwd) -v $(pwd):$(pwd):ro \
registry.salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope a b
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Docker image, eg.
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
⬋ ⬊ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org 💠
More information about the diffoscope