[diffoscope] diffoscope 225 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Fri Oct 28 16:07:45 UTC 2022
The diffoscope maintainers are pleased to announce the release of
version 225 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human-readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 225 includes the following changes:
[ Chris Lamb ]
* Add support for detecting ordering-only differences in XML files.
* Fix an issue with detecting ordering differences. (Closes: #1022145)
* Add support for ttx(1) from fonttools.
* Test improvements:
- Tidy up the JSON tests and use assert_diff over get_data and manual
assert in XML tests.
- Rename order1.diff to json_expected_ordering_diff for consistency.
- Temporarily allow the stable-po pipeline to fail in the CI.
* Use consistently capitalised "Ordering" everywhere we use the word in
Version 225 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
… but source tarballs may be located here:
The corresponding Docker image may be run via (for example):
$ docker run --rm -t -w $(pwd) -v $(pwd):$(pwd):ro \
registry.salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope a b
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Docker image, eg.
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
⬋ ⬊ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org 💠
More information about the diffoscope