[diffoscope] diffoscope 183 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Fri Sep 3 10:17:58 UTC 2021
The diffoscope maintainers are pleased to announce the release of
version 183 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human-readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 183 includes the following changes:
[ Chris Lamb ]
* Add support for extracting Android signing blocks.
* Format debug messages for elf sections using our
* Clarify a comment about the HUGE_TOOLS dict in diffoscope.external_tools.
[ Felix C. Stegerman ]
* Clarify output around APK Signing Blocks and remove an accidental duplicate
Version 183 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
â¦ but source tarballs may be located here:
The corresponding Docker image may be run via (for example):
$ docker run --rm -t -w $(pwd) -v $(pwd):$(pwd):ro \
registry.salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope a b
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Docker image, eg.
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
â¬ â¬ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org ð
More information about the diffoscope