[diffoscope] diffoscope 190 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Fri Nov 5 09:02:56 UTC 2021
The diffoscope maintainers are pleased to announce the release of
version 190 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human-readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 190 includes the following changes:
[ Chris Lamb ]
* Don't raise a traceback if we cannot de-marshal Python bytecode to support
Python 3.7 loading newer .pyc files.
* Fix Python tests under Python 3.7 with file 5.39+.
[ Vagrant Cascadian ]
* Skip Python bytecode testing when "file" is older than 5.39.
[ Roland Clobus ]
* Detect whether the GNU_BUILD_ID field has been modified.
Version 190 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
… but source tarballs may be located here:
The corresponding Docker image may be run via (for example):
$ docker run --rm -t -w $(pwd) -v $(pwd):$(pwd):ro \
registry.salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope a b
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Docker image, eg.
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
⬋ ⬊ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org 💠
More information about the diffoscope