[diffoscope] diffoscope 170 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Fri Mar 19 10:35:16 UTC 2021
The diffoscope maintainers are pleased to announce the release of
version 170 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human-readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 170 includes the following changes:
[ Chris Lamb ]
* Avoid frequent long lines in RPM header outputs that cause very very slow
HTML outputs. (Closes: reproducible-builds/diffoscope#245)
* Fix test_libmix_differences on openSUSE Tumbleweed.
* Move test_rpm to use the assert_diff utility helper.
[ Hans-Christoph Steiner ]
* Add a diffoscope.tools.get_tools() method to support programmatically
fetching Diffoscope's config.
[ Roland Clobus ]
* Become tolerant of malformed Debian .changes files.
Version 170 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
â¦ but source tarballs may be located here:
The corresponding Docker image may be run via (for example):
$ docker run --rm -t -w $(pwd) -v $(pwd):$(pwd):ro \
registry.salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope a b
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Docker image, eg.
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
â¬ â¬ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org ð
More information about the diffoscope