[diffoscope] diffoscope 166 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Sat Jan 30 13:12:03 UTC 2021
The diffoscope maintainers are pleased to announce the release of
version 166 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human-readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 166 includes the following changes:
[ Chris Lamb ]
* New features and bugfixes:
- Explicitly remove our top-level temporary directory.
(Closes: #981123, reproducible-builds/diffoscope#234)
- Increase fuzzy matching threshold to 130 ensure that we show more
differences. (Closes: reproducible-builds/diffoscope#232)
- Save our sys.argv in our top-level temporary directory in case it
helps debug current/errant temporary directories.
- Prefer to use "magic.Magic" over the "magic.open" compatibility
interface. (Closes: reproducible-builds/diffoscope#236)
- Reduce fuzzy threshold to 110 to prevent some test failures.
* Output improvements:
- Show fuzzyness amount in percentage terms, not out of the
- Improve the logging of fuzzy matching.
- Print the free space in our temporary directory when we create it, not
from within diffoscope.main.
* Codebase improvements:
- Tidy the diffoscopecomparators.utils.fuzzy module.
- Update my copyright years.
- Clarify the grammar of a comment.
- Clarify in a comment that __del__ is not always called, so temporary
directories are not neccessary removed the *moment* they go out of scope.
[ Conrad Ratschan ]
* Fix U-Boot Flattened Image Tree ("FIT") image detection for larger image
files. (MR: reproducible-builds/diffoscope!75)
Version 166 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
… but source tarballs may be located here:
The corresponding Docker image may be run via (for example):
$ docker run --rm -t -w $(pwd) -v $(pwd):$(pwd):ro \
registry.salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope a b
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Docker image, eg.
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
⬋ ⬊ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org 💠
More information about the diffoscope