[diffoscope] diffoscope 159 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Fri Sep 4 11:55:57 UTC 2020
The diffoscope maintainers are pleased to announce the release of
version 159 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human-readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 159 includes the following changes:
[ Chris Lamb ]
* Show "ordering differences only" in strings(1) output.
* Don't alias output from "os.path.splitext" to variables that we do not end
* Don't raise exceptions when cleaning up after a guestfs cleanup failure.
[ Jean-Romain Garnier ]
* Make "Command" subclass a new generic Operation class.
Version 159 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
… but source tarballs may be located here:
The corresponding Docker image may be run via (for example):
$ docker run --rm -t -w $(pwd) -v $(pwd):$(pwd):ro \
registry.salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope a b
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Docker image, eg.
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
⬋ ⬊ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org 💠
More information about the diffoscope