[diffoscope] diffoscope 158 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Fri Aug 28 11:30:57 UTC 2020
The diffoscope maintainers are pleased to announce the release of
version 158 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human-readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 158 includes the following changes:
* Improve PGP support:
- Support extracting of files within PGP signed data.
- pgpdump(1) can successfully parse some unrelated, non-PGP binary files,
so check that the parsed output contains something remotely sensible
before identifying it as a PGP file.
* Don't use Python's repr(...)-style output in "Calling external command"
* Correct a typo of "output" in an internal comment.
Version 158 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
… but source tarballs may be located here:
The corresponding Docker image may be run via (for example):
$ docker run --rm -t -w $(pwd) -v $(pwd):$(pwd):ro \
registry.salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope a b
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Docker image, eg.
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
⬋ ⬊ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org 💠
More information about the diffoscope