[diffoscope] diffoscope 156 released 💠
chris at reproducible-builds.org
Fri Aug 14 09:26:17 UTC 2020
The diffoscope maintainers are pleased to announce the release of
version 156 of diffoscope.
diffoscope tries to get to the bottom of what makes files or
directories different. It will recursively unpack archives of many
kinds and transform various binary formats into more human-readable
form to compare them. It can compare two tarballs, ISO images, or PDF
just as easily.
Version 156 includes the following changes:
[ Chris Lamb ]
* Update PPU tests for compatibility with Free Pascal versions 3.2.0 or
greater. (Closes: #968124)
* Emit a debug-level logging message when our ppudump(1) version does not
match file header.
* Add and use an assert_diff helper that loads and compares a fixture output
to avoid a bunch of test boilerplate.
[ Frazer Clews ]
* Apply some pylint suggestions to the codebase.
Version 156 is available from Debian unstable as well as PyPI, and
will shortly be available on other platforms surely. More details can
be found here:
… but source tarballs may be located here:
The corresponding Docker image may be run via (for example):
$ docker run --rm -t -w $(pwd) -v $(pwd):$(pwd):ro \
registry.salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope a b
diffoscope is developed within the "Reproducible builds" effort.
- Git repository
- Docker image, eg.
- Issues and feature requests
- Contribution instructions (eg. to file an issue)
⬋ ⬊ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org 💠
More information about the diffoscope